Thursday, December 20, 2007

Heart Sick (13)


Day #9 - 10, Aug 7-8

The cough has finally subsided, although it didn’t go away completely. Coughing was still very annoying and painful, and there were lots of phlegm.

I’ve started the lung/breathing therapy with the spirometer; initially I felt my chest very tight whenever I tried to inhale or exhale but it gradually got easier. The nurses would come and checked on my progress twice a day.

Physiotherapy started on Day #10. That was my first day out of bed since I was pushed into the Operating Theater. With the physiotherapist’s help to unplug and re-plugged all the entangled tubes and wires attached to all parts of my body and some beeping machines, I was finally standing on my own for the first time, albeit feeling a little light-headed. What a feeling! That really made my day.

What followed was quite routine; the highlights of the day were meal time, the doctor’s visit in the morning, and the occasional removal of one of the tubes or wires. This ‘removal’ thingy needs special mentions as it’s always a ‘love-hate’ affair. Love it as it signified a milestone towards recovery, but hate it as it’s always so bloody PAINFUL!

I couldn’t focus or concentrate for long; I could not finish a chapter of a book at one go, and could not even listen to more than 3 songs on my iPod without feeling tired, and sometimes even agitated.

How much longer?


Of course I'm always worry about the bills!

-HS

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter