Sunday, May 6, 2007

Visit Malaysia Year 2007

Our Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor, who claimed that bloggers are liars when his ministry was criticized over a Visit Malaysia Year promo recently, was again “left red in his face” recently when he was told right on his face that “Overcharging by taxi drivers and traders, stinking cabs and poor knowledge by unsmiling frontliners have marred Malaysia’s image among Arab tourists”.

So our friend here didn’t do his homework before leaving for an “18-day tour of West Asian countries to promote Visit Malaysia 2007”? Sounds to me he doesn’t even know what’s happening right under his nose?!

What is so new about smelly cabs? Try any of the (so called) “Limo” taxi from KLIA, dirty Mercedes; ‘personalized’ cabin with stickers on the windows; smelly seats; rude drivers and the list goes on. City cabs? Just try flagging one from Puduraya to find out.

You want more, Mr Minister? Smelly toilets, over-charged toilets in the city malls, potholes everywhere in the city, pointless road signs, empty police booths, etc etc.


Perhaps take a little time off from sitting in your big office, acting bossy, making funny remarks at press conferences, making excuses “that’s not my fault!”, and go downtown without the usual entourage, Amani suit that screams “Make way! I’m a VIP! Show me only good news”!

It’s hard work I know, but you do get paid, don’t you?

BTW, know who paid you?


-HS



This is a basic toilet with standard cleaniness (no gold-plated stuff here) in Plaza Low Yat in KL. It cost me RM1 because I couldn't find any others!







This is a road sign meant for motorists... how slow should I drive to figure it out where's where?










Good money was spent on this welcom arch... but how slow do I need to drive to know where am I?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh boy HS, you really hit it spot on bro!!..yes I totally agree with you. All the money gone wasted on useless signs when it should be used on more important things like upgrade the roads linking the orang asli settlements to the main roads or to the schools. Have you guys been to East Mal? A colleague of mine told us that he had to walk 2 hours everyday just to get to school when he was young....

I have personally encountered idiotic taxi drivers trying to con me to pay extra. Lucky thing, i know my way around town.

Sigh!! what to do...Malaysia BOLEH mah!!!!....

May 6, 2007 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Malaysia, esp. KL is like obstacle race la.. how not to get con/lost/frustrate as a tourist.

I remember once going to Putrajaya the first time, and was following the signs, the little arrows says Putrajaya ahead and for the next 30 mins, i took a big roundabout and ended up at the same sign board.

Malaysia Boleh !!!

May 7, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter