Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Heart Sick (15)

Day #12, Aug 10, 2007

Today they took away more tubes from me, including the one my surgeon put in
after the surgery… but the package came with good news – I would be moving to my own ward! This did not only mean that I’d get a room all by myself, plus privacy, TV, own bathroom and all that, most importantly it meant my conditions were improving. That’s a relief!

Right after lunch I was moved to my room. It was (pathetically) one of the most exciting events during my stay in the hospital. First thing I felt was the quietness and calm in the room, that I’ve missed most for the past 12 days. After all the hassle from putting me on the bed to re-connecting all the tubes and wires and stuff and making sure all the beeps from the little boxes were back to actions, the nurses finally left me alone.

I turned on the TV for the first time since I got in here 12 days ago. What a feeling!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter