Saturday, September 1, 2007

Heart Sick (10)

Day #3, Aug 1, 2006.

I opened my eyes, couldn’t comprehend where was I, why was I lying on a bed, what was the time… then I realized I was woken up by a nurse (nurse….? Oh good, not an Angel!) and the first person I saw was Peggy. I couldn’t speak as there was a tube running into my throat, and I briefly remembered gestured with my hand telling her not to worry. I felt very groggy and fell to sleep immediately after that…


Day #4, Aug 2, 2006

I woke up a day later, and managed to stay awake for a longer period. I felt terribly muzzy and terribly thirsty. Couldn’t ask for the date and time to know how long was it ago since my surgery, as the tube was still in my throat. Finally a nurse came by and as if she could read my mind, with a cheerful voice, told me that I was ‘sleeping like a baby’ for the past 1 day; all’s fine and I was in the Intensive Care Unit. She said I needed more rest and it’s ok if I felt groggy and thirsty since I was filled with morphine. But I was not to drink any water till they pulled out the ventilator’s tube from my throat “in another 1 or 2 days’ time’.

I noticed there were many tubes running out of my body; one in my throat, several from my neck, and at least 4 more from my chest… I couldn't move a muscle! And I must’ve looked like Frankenstein!

What followed was a "woke up, fell to sleep, woke up, fell to sleep again" cycle…

It could be worst...

-hs

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter